Connect the modem to the telephone wall jack as described in your modem's operation manual.
Connect the modem to a power source as described in the modem's operation manual. if you need
to use an extension cord or power strip, we recommend a Radio Shack Line Filter.
Do not turn the power on yet!
Connecting the MC-1 0 to a Cassette Recorder
To connect the MC-10 to a cassette recorder, you'll need the Cassette Interface Cable (26-1207). See your MC-1 and cassette recorder operation manual for instructions.
Be sure to set the volume control on the cassette recorder to mid-range setting such as 5.
The MC-10 will not automatically turn the cassette recorder on and off. Do not press PLAY until you have typed in the commands
to load the program.
Powering Up the System
Once the modem and cassette recorder are connected to the MC-10, follow the power-up sequence described in your MC-10 Operation Manual.
- Turn all accessories ON
- Turn the television's power ON.
- Turn the MC-10's power ON.
3/ Using the Micro Color Compac
Follow this procedure to load the Micro Color Compac program into the MC-10:
Insert the Micro Color Compac tape (supplied with this package) into the cassette recorder. The tape should be completely rewound.
When the OK prompt is displayed on the TV Screen, type:
1. Turn all accessories ON.
2. Turn the Television's power ON.
3. Turn the MC-10's power ON.
4. Insert the Micro Color Compac program tape (supplied with this package) into the cassette recorder. Be sure the tape is completely rewound.
5. When the OK prompt is displayed on the TV screen, type:
6. Press PLAY on the recorder until it is locked in position.
The MC-1 0 will search for and load the program. While it is "searching" for the program, the letter S will appear in the upper-left corner of the TV Screen.
When the program has been found, the letter F and the filename will appear at the top of the Screen.
If you did not specify the filename, the first program encountered was loaded into the Computer.
7. When the program has been loaded, the message OK will reappear on the Screen.
8. Press STOP on the recorder to stop the tape and unplug the cassette recorder from MG-i 0.
9. Then to run the program, type:
When the program has been "executed," the Screen will display:
CHANGE ITEM OR 8REAK FROM MENU:
COPYRIGHT 1983 TANDY CORP.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
MICRO COLOR COMPAC VER 01.00.00
B: 6AUD RATE: 300
D: DUPLEX: FULL
W: WORD LENGTH: 8 BIT
L: AUTO LINE FEED: OFF
U: UPPER CASE ONLY
These are the communications parameters you will need to communicate with CompuServe.
10. Press [BREAK] [ENTER].
The menu disappears from the screen and this message appears:
PLACE CALL AND "ENTER"
11. Dial CompuServe's phone number.
12. When CompuServe answers, you'll hear a high-pitched sound. Set the modem's switch to ORG (for "originate"). Hang up the phone.
13. Press [ENTER].
Note: Some host computers may require a control code at this time, or a terminal identifier or both.
This message will be displayed.
14. Type in your User ID number. For example:
USER ID: 50005 ~GLI2 [ENTER]
PASSWORD: will then appear on the Computer display.
15. Type in your password. For example: AGENT 007 cENTER]. Notice that the password was not displayed.
Once the correct password has been entered, you will be on-line with CompuServe.
16. When you are ready to disconnect, type:
The telephone connection is broken.