Setting Up the
you decide where and how to set up the Printer, remember the following:
Avoid plugging the
Printer into the same outlet as equipment which generates electrical noise such
as an air conditioner.
Choose a site that
is not exposed to direct sunlight. Avoid dusty places and locations subject to
temperature and/or humidity extremes.
Place the Printer
on a sturdy work surface.
Turn the power off on both
the TP-10 and the MC-10 or Color Computer.
Connect one end of the
4-pin DIN to 4-pin DIN cable (26-3020) to the connection on the rear of the
Connect the other end of
the cable to the serial connector on the Computer.
Be sure that the Power
switch is off.
Plug the TP-10 into a
grounded AC outlet or approved power strip, such as the Line Filter (26-1451).
Turn on the MC-10’s
Turn on the TP-10’s
When turning the system off, reverse the above order.
note that when you’re going to CSAVE a program with the MC-10, or RESET the
MC-10, turn the TP-10’s power off. Otherwise random characters may be printed.
Notes for Paper Feeding
- It is very important that the paper enters straight into the TP- 10 and
that the paper loading operation is performed correctly. Otherwise, paper
janmîing may occur.
- If paper jam occurs during paper loading, just stop pressing the PAPER
FEED key and pull the paper out slowly. Be careful not to tear the paper
because taking a torn off piece of paper out of the Printer requires
disassembling the Printer.
Open the cover.
With scissors, cut the end of the
paper off square with the paper’s edge.
Insert the end of the paper into
the slot as far as it will go. Note that the heat sensitive surface is on
the outside of the roll. This side should face toward the print head.
Turn the power on.
Press the PAPER FEED key to get
the paper through the slot and around the platen.
Close the cover.
- Press the PAPER FEED key to advance the paper.
- Grip the center edge of the paper and pull it as shown below.
- Cut the paper at the roll side and remove the roll.
- Press the PAPER FEED key to remove the paper caught in the platen.
|Do not pull the paper from the roll side: this action may
damage the printer mechanism.
The Printer prints on thermal sensitive paper only. Obtain replacement rolls
from your local Radio Shack store. Ask for catalog number 26-1332.
Note: Since the paper is heat sensitive, take care when you store or
handle it to prevent:
- Exposure to temperatures over 50 degrees C (122 degrees F).
- Contact with alcohol, thinners, benzene or other liquids.
- Exposure to ultraviolet light rays, including sunlight.
The TP-10 has a built-in self-test feature which lets you check the printing
quality and general Printer operation before you connect the Printer to your
MC-10 or Color Computer. The self-test includes only alphanumeric characters.
Note: Be sure to disconnect the 4-pin DIN to 4-pin DIN cable from the
Printer; otherwise, the self-test will not work.
- Turn the power off.
- While pressing the PAPER FEED key, turn the power on.
- The Printer will begin printing all the characters repeatedly.
- To stop the self-test, turn the power off.